Following the UK Government’s announcement on Monday 4 January of a new national lockdown, Datchet and Eton Leisure has had to close the athletics track with immediate effect.
The new rules mean that:
- Outdoor sports venues, including athletics tracks, tennis courts, golf courses and swimming pools must close
- All face-to-face indoor and outdoor club/group activity must stop for all athletes of all ages
- All indoor track and field competitions and all outdoor competitions (including track and field, cross country, road, trail, fell and multi-terrain running) are suspended.
What can take place?
- Individuals can exercise with the people they live with OR with one other person outside their household. This is limited to once per day and the individual should not travel outside of their local area for exercise
- Exercise can take place in public outdoor places including parks, beaches, countryside accessible to the public and forests
- Elite sport and organised outdoor sport for disabled people can continue in line with the strict protocols and measures that are in place
- Virtual training sessions can be delivered by qualified coaches
- Virtual competitions can still take place. Click here for a list of current virtual road races
Full details of the latest England Athletics Guidelines are available here.