New guidance issued by England Athletics following the UK Government’s national COVID-19 restrictions from Thursday 5th November.
What athletes, coaches and event organisers can do:
Exercise or visit outdoor public places with:
- The people they live with
- People in their support bubble
- One other person from another household when on their own (i.e. 2 people exercising together).
What athletes, coaches and event organisers cannot do:
- Attend or run any indoor club group coaching activities
- Attend or run any outdoor club group coaching activities
- Hold indoor track and field competitions
- Hold outdoor competition (track and field, cross country, road, trail, fell and multi-terrain)
- Train on the track at Datchet & Eton Leisure (even if on their own)
Please note that all the athletic tracks in the area are also closed. The WSEH committee has been asked by other local clubs to be sensitive and respectful of track closures and not to visit other tracks to train.
We are very aware that coaches and athletes may well struggle physically and more importantly mentally with another lockdown. Please let us know if you are aware of any athletes who you feel might need a bit of help and we will do our best to help them. That also applies for any coaches, please don’t struggle through. We are still allowed to meet on 1:1 basis for a walk, chat and takeaway cuppa. We are in this together and as a club we will do our utmost to offer support wherever we can.
We are continually monitoring changes to the Government & England Athletics guidelines and will react, as quickly as is feasible, to any enhancements or amendments made.
Please look on the club website and stay in touch with your coach for updates.