The club is excited to announce that England Athletics has been given the go ahead by Sport England and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) to return to outdoor training from Tuesday 30th March 2021.
Coaching at the athletics track can re-start from that date under strict COVID rules:
- On club nights, the track is only open for current, paid-up members of WSEH
- All athletes who attend the track must have been specifically invited by their coach to attend a training session on that date and time (coaches have to provide the centre with a list of attendees at least 24 hours in advance of each session)
- The coach to runner ratio must be no more than 1:12 for all events and all age groups unless there are 15 runners or athletes in a group when there must be two coaches
- Only outdoor facilities will be open. This means that all indoor facilities apart from the trackside toilets (for no more than 2 people at a time) will remain closed
- Athletes who attend must agree to follow all COVID guidelines for outdoor sport as stated by DCMS, England Athletics, WSEH AC and their coach. Anyone not abiding by these guidelines will be asked to leave the training location
- The NHS Track and Trace system is to be used by all coaches, athletes and parents staying on site (1 parent per U18 permitted).
Anyone wishing to use the track outside club hours must book directly with Thames Valley Athletic Centre.
For full details of guidelines, requirements and target dates please read the England Athletics’ athletics and running roadmap.
Important Information for Prospective New Members
If you/your child is a prospective new club member and would like to try out a training session or two, please visit the coaches page and contact a coach to find out if they are offering trial sessions and to arrange a pre-booked trial (please do not come to the track unless a trial session has been agrreed with a coach).
If you/your child is a sprinter, please read this post before making contact as the ability for the club to offer sprint training is severely limited at the moment.
If you cannot find a suitable coach on the website or you meet the criteria for sprint training please complete the Contact Us Form and someone will get back to you.
Please do not just turn up at the track as training sessions are having to be run under strict COVID guidelines and unplanned attendance cannot be accommodated at the current time.
As you are aware, the situation changes on a regular basis so please keep an eye on the club’s Twitter account and on this website for updates.