ParkPlay is a new movement offering free, fun activities in parks every Saturday morning to inspire families to be more active. Thanks to support from Sport England, ParkPlay is able to offer a paid part-time role for a PlayLeader in Hounslow, helping ParkPlay to be the driving force in their local park.
The PlayLeader will share ParkPlay’s desire to inspire more people to be active and improve their local community and park space. They’ll be leaders with good people skills and the ability to lead and coach sessions (no formal qualifications are necessary).
- Preparing the session plan beforehand (using ParkPlay playbook)
- Running the Saturday events including pre-event safety checks, ensuring branding and signage is in place, directing the ParkPlay session, and ensuring the site is returned to its previous state
- Overall responsibility for connecting people and managing volunteers
- Engaging ParkPlayers via social media before and after each Saturday session
- Promotion in local schools, faith groups and communities, and with other local partners
The full role description is available here.