Trackstart Juniors (7 to 11 year olds)
A stepping stone into joining Windsor Slough Eton & Hounslow Athletic Club.
For children aged 7 to 11 (11 year olds school year 6 only).
The training covers a range of events including sprints, middle distances, long jump, high jump, javelin throw, discus throw and shot put throw, to ensure the children learn a wide range of athletics-based skills.
The training sessions are run by coaches from Thames Valley Athletic Centre and are on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5pm to 6pm. All the coaches are England Athletics qualified.
At the end of each term, year 6 children will be assessed for the opportunity to join Windsor Slough Eton & Hounslow Athletic Club Academy and continue developing their athletics skills.
Trackstart Juniors say “We aim to emphasize that the transition from Trackstart Juniors to WSEH Academy is not solely based on specific performance levels. Our coaches also prioritise attributes like track etiquette and maturity. The main WSEH sessions, typically held at 6pm, often host a multitude of athletes and disciplines, and it’s crucial that Academy children exhibit strong track etiquette, plus a dedication to training and good receptiveness to coaching”.
For 7- 9 year olds:
- Athletes do not have to attend on both Tuesday and Thursday, but of course can if they want to.
- Athletes can attend either just Tuesdays each week or just Thursdays each week.
- Athletes can attend any session in any week on an ad hoc basis.
- Whether they do both sessions each week, or just Tuesdays or just Thursdays, athletes do not have to be there every week, but of course can if they want to.
- All very flexible!
For 10 and 11 year olds:
- Trackstart Juniors say “It is essential for 10 and 11 year old athletes to consistently attend training sessions. This ensures that when WSEH Academy conducts evaluations, our coaches are well-informed about the children’s abilities and can address any inquiries from the WSEH coaches effectively. The progression into the WSEH Academy typically applies to athletes aged 11, with occasional exceptions for particularly talented 10-year-olds”.
There is no waiting list for Trackstart Juniors – children can be booked onto sessions on a ‘pay as you go’ basis, or can be booked onto sessions in blocks of 6 weeks – either every Tuesday & Thursday, or just Tuesdays or just Thursdays.
Application form and booking form all in one can be found here.