The club is delighted to let members know that floodlit track training will be available on club nights (Tuesdays and Thursdays) in January and February (subject to the continuation of current COVID-19 rules for outdoor sport). Access will only be available for WSEH AC paid up members (no guests of coaches or members who do not have current paid-up membership subscriptions are allowed).
Any guests wishing to train on the track during these sessions must join WSEH AC as a 2nd claim member and pay the appropriate joining fee. Note that proof of current membership will be required to enter the track.
The track will be open for training on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 17.30 and 19:55. All attendees (athletes, coaches, parents/guardians collecting children etc) MUST vacate the entire track arena (including the car park) by 20:00. Please note that the car park gates with be locked at 20:00 and no access will be available until the following day.
No spectators are allowed.
All previous guidelines are still in place – please see our 20th December 2020 post for full details.
Track opening at other times:
For a two-week trial period, the outdoor track will be available for shared usage at other times based on England athletics guidelines:
- Adults – individual training or 1 coach to 1 athlete or adult pairs with no coach
- Under 18s only permitted with their coach(es)
- No mixing of athletes 18 or over with athletes in a junior group
The slots that are available to book for shared usage within COVID guidelines are below.
· Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Monday 4th – Friday 8th
January, 2021) Sessions – 09:15 – 10:45, 11:00 – 12:30
· Monday to Friday (Monday 11th- Friday 15th
January, 2021) Sessions – 09:15 – 10:45, 11:00 – 12:30 plus Wednesdays 18:00 – 19:30 and Fridays 14:00 – 15:30.
· Saturdays – 09:00 – 10:15 and 10:30 – 11:45
· Sundays – 10:30-12:00.
Anyone wishing to book a slot on one of these sessions must contact email@example.com.
- Bookings must be made in advance (no bookings on the day)
- No charge for current paid-up club members
- Non-members (including non-WSEH coaches) and members who have not paid their membership fees – £5.10 per adult and £3.40 per junior.
Please do not visit the track if you have COVID symptoms, are feeling under the weather, have been in contact with anyone that has had symptoms in the last 14 days or have been asked to self-isolate.
The latest England Athletics guidance is available here.